Wednesday, December 17, 2014
Hello all, I'm happy to say I have been resurrected from the slump finals put me in and am back on my game like Kobe. Sometimes style and comfort go hand in hand. And when that happens, all is right with me. I'm loving that I can still wear dresses in this weather, but I'm also ready to break out my winter clothes if you catch my drift. Happy beginning of holidays to everyone and I promise there will be more from where this came from.
Dress: Windsor (similar) Button-up: F21 (old) Boots: Steve Madden Necklace: Nordstrom BP (old) Bracelet: Kendra Scott
Posted by Lindsey Pounds at 3:46 PM
Wednesday, October 1, 2014
There's something about the color green that I love, and it isn't just because I go to Baylor. I was so excited to finally put this pleather skirt to use now that the temperatures are dropping. Pleather and 95+ degrees do not mix well FYI.
For this post I created a look that would complement the look of that lovely gentleman in the photo above. (can we say gorgeous?). This is from the new Fall Collection of Bonobos, a menswear store. They have everything from pants and shirts, to suits and blazers. Let's just say if I had a boyfriend at the moment, I would want him to get his wardrobe from Bonobos! This is from the new men's suit Fall collection of Bonobos, a menswear store.
Just a couple more days and we can finally say "TGIF"
Posted by Lindsey Pounds at 3:16 PM
Sunday, September 28, 2014
As summer winds down, you know what that means...new fall wardrobe! This has to be my favorite time of the year. When you finally get to ditch those high-waisted shorts and tanks and bring out pants, jackets, leggings, sweaters and boots! With just a few more weeks of enduring these outrageous Texas temperatures, I can't wait for Autumn to come through.
In the spirit of the upcoming season, I thought I would share my 5 must-haves for Fall
- Black skinny pants: During the Fall, it's always a good idea to have a nice pair of black skinnies. They are the more classier version of leggings. Dress them up with heels or dress them down with boots, either way they are a staple piece for Fall that will never go unused.
- Oxblood: This is my favorite color for this season. There's something very sexy about it. As you can tell, I'm already channeling this color through my blouse and shoes. It matches perfectly with black AND brown. How much better can this color get?
- A dark, bold lip: I was never much of a lipstick girl until recently. I've become obsessed with matte lipsticks. My favorite is Tarte's matte lip tint. If you're looking for something a little more reasonable, I'm wearing Maybelline's "Super Stay 14 Hr Lipstick in the color "Please Stay Plum"
- Booties: Shoes can always make an outfit. Booties are also so fun. They are casual by being boots, and dressy by having a heel. What more can a girl ask for? Here's a few of my favorites this season. Michael Kors (they're on sale!) , Steve Madden , Sheela from Lulu's (I own these in grey)
- Neutral jewelry: For Autumn, I don't like having any crazy/dramatic jewelry. I like to keep the tones simple and neutral. A nice watch and some gold-toned pieces are always a good way to go. After working at Nordstrom all summer, Gorjana has grown to be one of my favorites for jewelry. It's very simple, but classy. Here's a few of my favorites. Earrings-Kendra Scott , Watch-Michael Kors , Cuff-Gorjana , Necklace-Gorjana
There you have it, my top favorites for Fall! If you're looking to start you Fall fashion shopping, you should check out Raise.com. It is an awesome website where you can buy gift cards to your favorite stores at a discounted price and sell your unwanted gift cards for cash. What an awesome deal, right? They offer gift cards to SO many stores like Nordstrom, Sephora, Macy's, Forever 21 and so many more. So check them out here where you can buy gift cards or here where you can sell gift cards.
Posted by Lindsey Pounds at 1:50 PM
Saturday, July 12, 2014
If you can't tell by the title, I'm a little obsessed with this Netflix series just like a lot of you are. Anyways, the show title was my inspiration for this. Orange doesn't always have to be associated with prison ya know? Pick a bright colored tank top, (or shirt) tuck it into your favorite high-waisted shorts, add some killer heels/wedges, add accessories and you have a summer outfit that can handle this Texas heat! Side note: these shoes are my new favorites. They were my first working girl purchase from Nordy's with my hard-earned paycheck, and boy they were worth every penny. Stay cool and stay fabulous.
Tank top: Cotton On (similar) Shorts: American Eagle Shoes: Dolce Vita Clutch: Ashard Richley Necklace: H&M (old)
Posted by Lindsey Pounds at 7:53 PM
Thursday, July 3, 2014
Happy Independence day to all you fellow Americans! Who doesn't love the colors red, white, and blue? Well I guess foreigners wouldn't, but this post isn't for them. It's time to ditch those classic Old Navy American flag shirts (I'll admit it, I, along with my entire family owned one at one point in time) and get trendy for the forth. Dress it up, dress it down, but either way dress the part!
Here's what's been going on with me: Since the summer started, I landed a job at Nordstrom in Northpark Mall and I love it! (explains why I haven't been blogging much) It's about time this fashionista experienced work in the retail world. Come visit me sometime in the jewelry department. Also we are having a HUGE sale starting July 18 (July 10 if you own a Nordy's card) where the new fall stuff is offered but on sale. If that doesn't excite you then I don't know what will! Until next time lovelies.
Posted by Lindsey Pounds at 5:17 PM
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Regardless of what people say, a huge component of fashion is comfort. Not necessarily wearing comfy clothing but more so being comfortable with your fashion choices. Basically, when you are comfortable with what you are wearing, you feel confident. Everyone wants that outfit where they look in the mirror and think "Damn, I look good!" Can I get an amen?
I feel comfortable when I'm wearing something that goes with my mood. A girl can never go wrong with throwing on her chucks. For this outfit I went for a more laid back take on a t-shirt dress by adding high-tops and a button up. To add a little spice, throw in some statement jewelry pieces. Grab your aviators and you're good to go. Enjoy!
T-shirt dress: Target Button Up: F21 (old) Converse: Nordstrom Necklace: Bauble Bar (similar) Watch: Dillards Sunglasses: Target (old)
Posted by Lindsey Pounds at 9:44 PM
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Sometimes black and white is a girl's best friend. It's basic, yet complex, but it will never let you down. Ladies, if you've never tried on a pair on Palazzo pants, I highly suggest you do so. They are SO comfy and flattering at the same time. The flare almost gives them a hippie vibe, which I love. Pair them with a basic solid top and your favorite heels and you're good to go. I promise I'll get back to blogging on a regular basis ya'll, but thanks so much for reading!
Posted by Lindsey Pounds at 9:08 PM