Sunday, April 19, 2015
22 days and counting until I am officially done with my junior year of college! A lot of exciting things are happening and I am so ready for the summer. I recently accepted an internship with Stanley Korshak in Dallas and am thrilled to take this new step in my life.
Enough about me, let's talk fashion. This look came from a recent trip to my favorite stores in Dallas. After living in Waco for three years, I can definitely say that no shopping compares to Dallas shopping. Maxi and high-low skirts are going to be my good friends this summer, especially because of the comfort they bring. Stay tuned for more posts from my recent shopping trip!
Top: Nordstrom Skirt: Express Shoes: Dolce Vita (old) but these are similar Earrings: Kendra Scott Necklace: Similar
Posted by Lindsey Pounds at 12:29 PM
Monday, February 9, 2015
So I didn't actually get to watch the Grammy Awards, but I did make sure to catch all the outfits after the fact. Here are my top picks:
1. Taylor Swift- Though I don't rock out to her music much, I think we can all agree that T. Swift is SLAYING this red carpet in Elie Saab. This dress makes me envy her legs so much. The color, shape, and length is perfect. Hands down my favorite of the night.
2. Gwen Stefani- This Atelier Versace number is fierce. Gwen knows fashion and Gwen does fashion well. And can we all just take a moment to realize she is a mother of 3, but doesn't look a day over 30.
3. Nicki Minaj- I'm obsessed with this toned-down version of Nicki. We're so used to seeing her elaborate costumes all the time, so this was a breath of fresh air. This Tom Ford dress was meant for her and she wore it beautifully. I also really liked her hair with the dress as well. Good job Nicki.
1. John Mayer- My love for John Mayer runs so deep. And can't you tell why? Not only is his voice sent straight from an angel, but he presents himself so well. I'm loving this navy blue suit and his Buddy Holly-esque glasses. Thank you John once again for never letting me down.
2. Donald Glover aka Childish Gambino- I love a man in suit. And don't even get me started on this scruffy look he's rocking. Simple, but classic. Props to you Gambino.
Chrissy Teigen and John Legend- Watch out Kim and Kanye, there is a new power couple in town and they are blowing you two out of the water. Her white dress and his grey suit make for one perfect pairing.
All photos courtesy of style list.com
Posted by Lindsey Pounds at 10:12 PM
Sunday, February 1, 2015
Happy first day of February, one of my least favorite months. Love is in the air, but I'd rather stick to my one true love of fashion. Today I decided to channel my inner sass through this hat, and I learned a great lesson: hats + wind = not a fun time. Lesson learned, but hey we still got a few good shots out of it all. A bold hat and bold lips create the perfect balance with an outfit. Also, there is no such thing as being "too bold" with your outfit choices, so take some chances! Hope everyone enjoys the Super Bowl game tonight. I myself will be rooting for the Seahawks…(even though we all know the Cowboys should be in this game) Love you Dez!
Top: F21 Skirt: Windsor(old) Kimono: H&M Shoes: LuLu's (old)
Posted by Lindsey Pounds at 3:26 PM
Wednesday, December 24, 2014
Tis the season for neutral colors and faux fur. I've found myself wearing a lot of browns and tans lately. It's the perfect contrast with light-washed denim. If wearing neutrals is basic, then I'm one basic chic. *insert sassy girl emoji here* Happy Holidays everyone!
Top: Target Jeans: American Eagle Faux Fur Vest: F21 (similar style) Booties: F21 Necklace: Kendra Scott Nails: Essie-Wicked
Posted by Lindsey Pounds at 11:17 AM
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
Hello all, I'm happy to say I have been resurrected from the slump finals put me in and am back on my game like Kobe. Sometimes style and comfort go hand in hand. And when that happens, all is right with me. I'm loving that I can still wear dresses in this weather, but I'm also ready to break out my winter clothes if you catch my drift. Happy beginning of holidays to everyone and I promise there will be more from where this came from.
Dress: Windsor (similar) Button-up: F21 (old) Boots: Steve Madden Necklace: Nordstrom BP (old) Bracelet: Kendra Scott
Posted by Lindsey Pounds at 3:46 PM
Wednesday, October 1, 2014
There's something about the color green that I love, and it isn't just because I go to Baylor. I was so excited to finally put this pleather skirt to use now that the temperatures are dropping. Pleather and 95+ degrees do not mix well FYI.
For this post I created a look that would complement the look of that lovely gentleman in the photo above. (can we say gorgeous?). This is from the new Fall Collection of Bonobos, a menswear store. They have everything from pants and shirts, to suits and blazers. Let's just say if I had a boyfriend at the moment, I would want him to get his wardrobe from Bonobos! This is from the new men's suit Fall collection of Bonobos, a menswear store.
Just a couple more days and we can finally say "TGIF"
Posted by Lindsey Pounds at 3:16 PM
Sunday, September 28, 2014
As summer winds down, you know what that means...new fall wardrobe! This has to be my favorite time of the year. When you finally get to ditch those high-waisted shorts and tanks and bring out pants, jackets, leggings, sweaters and boots! With just a few more weeks of enduring these outrageous Texas temperatures, I can't wait for Autumn to come through.
In the spirit of the upcoming season, I thought I would share my 5 must-haves for Fall
- Black skinny pants: During the Fall, it's always a good idea to have a nice pair of black skinnies. They are the more classier version of leggings. Dress them up with heels or dress them down with boots, either way they are a staple piece for Fall that will never go unused.
- Oxblood: This is my favorite color for this season. There's something very sexy about it. As you can tell, I'm already channeling this color through my blouse and shoes. It matches perfectly with black AND brown. How much better can this color get?
- A dark, bold lip: I was never much of a lipstick girl until recently. I've become obsessed with matte lipsticks. My favorite is Tarte's matte lip tint. If you're looking for something a little more reasonable, I'm wearing Maybelline's "Super Stay 14 Hr Lipstick in the color "Please Stay Plum"
- Booties: Shoes can always make an outfit. Booties are also so fun. They are casual by being boots, and dressy by having a heel. What more can a girl ask for? Here's a few of my favorites this season. Michael Kors (they're on sale!) , Steve Madden , Sheela from Lulu's (I own these in grey)
- Neutral jewelry: For Autumn, I don't like having any crazy/dramatic jewelry. I like to keep the tones simple and neutral. A nice watch and some gold-toned pieces are always a good way to go. After working at Nordstrom all summer, Gorjana has grown to be one of my favorites for jewelry. It's very simple, but classy. Here's a few of my favorites. Earrings-Kendra Scott , Watch-Michael Kors , Cuff-Gorjana , Necklace-Gorjana
There you have it, my top favorites for Fall! If you're looking to start you Fall fashion shopping, you should check out Raise.com. It is an awesome website where you can buy gift cards to your favorite stores at a discounted price and sell your unwanted gift cards for cash. What an awesome deal, right? They offer gift cards to SO many stores like Nordstrom, Sephora, Macy's, Forever 21 and so many more. So check them out here where you can buy gift cards or here where you can sell gift cards.
Posted by Lindsey Pounds at 1:50 PM